The UC Davis Vision features three goals learning, discovery and engagement. One engagement strategy is to build and enhance enduring relationships with friends of the campus. A way to build community is to share individual and collective expertise, time and talents. Although most volunteer to help others, side benefits may include new friendships, career exploration, discovery, learning and improved physical and mental health.
The following links include opportunities to engage interests in just about everything.
Online Connection to see or post: Volunteer Davis
Campus Volunteer Opportunities
- Arboretum - The UC Davis Arboretum is a living museum, an outdoor classroom, a public garden with over 4,000 kinds of trees and plants and a beautiful place for active recreation or peaceful contemplation.
- As a volunteer, you can learn new skills, meet other people who share your interests, and feel wonderful about supporting the work of the Arboretum. All new gardeners, nursery assistants, and education volunteers participate in a seven-week training class that prepares them for their volunteer experiences at the Arboretum. The training is offered once a year and usually begins in mid-October.
- The Arboretum also welcomes volunteers who prefer to work on short-term projects. We schedule volunteer workdays several times a year for planting or garden clean-up projects.
- UC Davis Nutrition Department - Clinical Studies is always looking for volunteers. Such studies as: vegetable juice research study, cocoa-based snack bar study, cranberry study, Heart Health and Tomatoes.
- Community Service Resource Center - Connects campus members with the community at large through such organizations as the Peace Corps, and Forest Service.
- Campus Book Project
- Internship and Career Center
- Chancellor's Administrative Advisory Committees
- UC Davis Veterinary Medicine Public Service Units
UC Davis Health Volunteer Opportunities
UC Davis Health Volunteer Services
Sacramento Area comprehensive list/links of volunteer opportunities