UC Davis Student Parent Child Care Funding Program
You may submit your application materials three ways:
- Scan and send PDF or JPG to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person to the Hubert Heitman Staff Learning Center (just south of the Silo complex)
- Fax to 530.752.4744
- After submission, you will be contacted if further information is required.
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis.
- You must apply before or during the term for which you are requesting funds.
- Expect processing to take up to 8 weeks.
- Funds are deposited into your student account. As these grants are provided by UC Davis, the funds will be absorbed into any debt you may have in your account.
- To expedite the process, please visit the Student Accounting webpage to set up direct deposit.
- Grants are reportable income, you will receive a 1098T from UC Davis when your award is posted.
1. Please read the fact sheets about the two funding programs:
CBCG: FACT SHEET PDF
The Community Based Care Grant is a financial need-based grant available to undergraduate, graduate and professional students.
GSCCG: FACT SHEET PDF
The Graduate Student Child Care Grant is a financial need-blind grant for Graduate and Professional Students.
The Graduate Student Child Care Grant (GSCCG) Program provides a $900 per quarter/$1350 per semester regardless of financial need. Please note, the GSCCG can be supplemented with additional funds from the CBCG program for those students who demonstrate financial need.
2. Determine and print the appropriate application based on your eligibility and needs:
I am an Undergraduate Student:
- 2016/17 Undergraduate Student CBCG Application (please also submit a copy of your My Awards page or Student Aid Report (SAR).
I am a Graduate/Professional Student:
- 2016/2017 Graduate/Professional Student Application (GSCCG) (non-financial need based) (summer term deadline is September 23)
- If you are a graduate or professional student who feels you may qualify for financial need based funding to supplement your GSCCG funds, please use the following supplemental application and submit along with the GSCCG application:
- For US Residents: 2016/17 Graduate/Professional Student Supplemental CBCG Application (also submit a copy of your My Awards page or Student Aid Report).
- For non-US Residents: 2016/17 International Student Supplemental CBCG Application (also submit a copy of your I-20 or DS-2019, a copy of your 2015 tax return, and a copy of most your recent bank statements).
3. Submit your application one of three ways:
We are no longer accepting applications for FALL 2016. The deadline was December 9.
GSCCG one page Fact Sheet
CBCG one page Fact Sheet
Self Supporting Programs not eligible for GSCCG
Read the Student Parent Child Care Funding Handbook for complete information about the grants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is this a child credit?
A: Funds are for child care expenses only. Grants are intended to help with child care costs so a student-parent can pursue their education at UC Davis. A "provider" must be somone other than the child's parent.
Q: Do I just apply for current term?
A: For GSCCG, you may apply for the entire year (July -June) in the Summer or apply quarterly. Just be sure your child care provider indicates contracted care for the desired terms.
A: For CBCG, you may apply for the academic year (Oct-June) in the Fall or apply quarterly. Just be sure your child care provider indicates contracted care for the desired terms.
Q: What are defined as the terms?
A: For students on the quarter system: Summer is July, Aug, Sept. Fall is October, November, December. Winter is January, February, March. Spring is April, May June. Please note that there is some generalality to this as much some months do not actually have classes all month. (GSCCG $900 per quarter)
A: For students on the semester system: Professional programs with usually no summer enrollment or ASE employment. Fall is September, October, November, December. Spring is January, February, March, April, May. (GSCCG $1350 per semester).
Q: Can I receive funds for terms which have passed?
A: No. You must apply before or during the term for which you are requesting funds. (We use official University calendar dates)
Q: What about summer terms?
A: The only funding available in summer (July Aug Sept) is the GSCCG program. Graduate or Professional students must be officially enrolled at least 9 credits in at least one summer session, an Academic Student Employee (AI, Reader, TA, Community Teaching Fellow, Remedial Tutor/Tutor) or a GSR (at least 25% appointment). Fellowship or outside internships are not considered employment for the summer grant.
Q: What is Filing Fee?
A: Filing Fee status is when a graduate student has completed all requirements for their degree except for filing the master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation. They are technically not enrolled in coursework so we need to override the Financial Aid system to ensure funds. Students may be funded for one term on Filing Fee.
Q: My family is expecting a baby during the academic year. When can I apply for funds?
A: If it is your first child you must wait until the child is born to apply. If you have already applied/approved for existing children, you can simply add the new child when needing childcare and will only need to supply the Child Care Provider information section for that addition.
Q: Adult/Parent 2 does not provide any support to my child.
A: Complete and sign the section on the application that indicates that Parent 2 does not financially contribute to the child(ren).
Q: I'm applying for financial-need based funding and I have completed the FAFSA (or Dream Act Application) and Adult/Parent 2 is reflected in it (filed as married). Do I need to provide additional financial information?
A: No, as long as both parents are included in the FAFSA we do not need additional financial information. If Adult/Parent 2 is not reflected in the FAFSA or Dream Act we need their financial section completed. Please provide a copy of your My Awards Page or your FAFSA or Dream Act report.
Please Note: If receiving additional funding other than what is currently posted on your financial aid package, including but not limited to Departmental awards, Fellowships, Stipends, Research or Teaching Assistantships (RA/TA) these funds may affect the amount/eligibility of your Child Care Grant. To ensure accuracy and avoid additional billing remember to report these Additional Resources by logging into MyAwards at financialaid.ucdavis.edu/MyAwards.