UC Davis Student Parent Child Care Funding Program

Application Process

You may submit your application materials three ways:

  1. In person to the Hubert Heitman Staff Learning Center (just south of the Silo complex)
  2. Scan and send PDF to worklife@ucdavis.edu
  3. Fax to 530.752.4744
  • After submission, you will be contacted if further information is required.
  • Applications are processed on a rolling basis.
  • You must apply before or during the term for which you are requesting funds. 
  • Expect processing to take up to 3 weeks.
  • Funds are deposited into your student account.  As these grants are provided by UC Davis, the funds will be absorbed into any debt you may have in your account.
  • To expedite the process, please visit the Student Accounting webpage to set up direct deposit.
  • Grants are reportable income, you will receive a 1098T from UC Davis when your award is posted.

The Student Parent Child Care Grant program is designed to help offset the costs incurred in child care services (day care, nannies, babysitters, etc.) for your child. Spring Term applications due by Thursday, June 9. Summer (July, Aug, Sept) applications will be available in June.

1.  Read the fact sheets (please!) about the two funding programs:

  • CBCG: The Community Based Care Grant is a financial need-based grant available to undergraduate, graduate and professional students. FACT SHEET PDF  
  • GSCCG: The Graduate Student Child Care Grant is a financial need-blind grant for Graduate and Professional Students. FACT SHEET PDF

The Graduate Student Child Care Grant (GSCCG) Program provides a $900 per quarter/$1350 per semester regardless of financial need.  Please note, the GSCCG can be supplemented with additional funds from the CBCG program for those students who demonstrate financial need.

2. Determine and print the appropriate application based on your eligibility and needs:

I am an Undergraduate Student: 

I am a Graduate/Professional Student:

3. Submit your Application:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  Do I just apply for current term?  

A:  You may apply for the entire academic year in the Fall or apply quarterly. Just be sure your child care provider indicates contracted care for the desired terms.

Q:  Can I receive funds for terms which have passed?  

A:  No. You must apply before or during the term for which you are requesting funds. 

Q: What about summer terms?  

A: The only funding available in summer (July Aug Sept) is the GSCCG program. A separate summer application is available in June. Graduate or Professional students must be officially enrolled in at least one summer session, an Academic Student Employee or a GSR (at least 25% appointment). Fellowship is not considered employment for the summer grant.

Q: What is Filing Fee?

A: Filing Fee status is when a graduate student has completed all requirements for their degree except for filing the master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation. They are technically not enrolled in coursework so we need to override the Financial Aid system to ensure funds. Students may be funded for one term on Filing Fee.

Q: My family is expecting a baby during the academic year. When can I apply for funds?

A:  If it is your first child you must wait until the child is born to apply. If you have already applied/approved for existing children, you can simply add the new child when needing childcare and will only need to supply the Child Care Provider information section for that addition.

Q: Adult/Parent 2 does not provide any support to my child.

A: Complete and sign the section on the application that indicates that Parent 2 does not financially contribute to the child(ren).

Q:  I'm applying for financial-need based funding and I have completed the FAFSA (or Dream Act) and Adult/Parent 2 is reflected in it (filed as married). Do I need to provide additional financial information?

A:  No, as long as both parents are included in the FAFSA we do not need additional financial information. If Adult/Parent 2 is not reflected in the FAFSA or Dream Act we need their financial section completed.  Please provide a copy of your My Awards Page or your FAFSA or Dream Act report.