Resources and Programs
Dimensions of Wellness
Wellness is a dynamic process of change and growth which encompasses many interrelated dimensions including physical, emotional, financial, intellectual, spiritual, social, environmental, and occupational. Each dimension is equally vital in the pursuit of optimum holistic health. Integrating health and wellness programs into your daily schedule can drastically improve all aspects of your life
Academic & Staff Assistance Program (ASAP) (For Staff)
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) (For Students)
Please see our specific FINANCIAL WELLNESS PAGE to learn more about your financial wellness and our main Financial Wellness Resource List
- UC Davis WorkLife and Wellness have partnered with SAFE Credit Union to bring Financial Wellness Presentations to your staff meetings and events. FLYER HERE Contact sbatchelor@ucdavis for the SAFE CU Education Specialist contact information.
- UC Davis has it's own Retirement Counselor/Financial Wellness representative from Fidelity who is our point of contact for all things financial, from workshops, classes, even departmental visits. Visit the UC webpage to see all of the services, classes, webinars, and more. FLYER HERE
Sign up to receive WorkLife and Wellness Monthly Happenings
Mindfulness Resources and videos University of Massachusettes Medical School Center for Mindfulness
Wake Up at UC Davis (student meditation group, however, staff are welcome)
- Meditation for students and staff: Monday evenings 6:00-7:00 and Fridays 3:00-4:00. 5 Lower Freeborn. Times do change so please join on Facebook!
UCLA's Free Guided Meditations--play them right on your computer.....
Breathe Free UC Davis Smoke and Tobacco Free Resource Page
Staff and Faculty Health and Well-being Program at Safety Services
UC Davis Massage Therapy for staff, faculty and students
UC Davis Mobility Assistance Shuttle: Transportation for UC students, faculty and staff with documented disabilities (temporary or permanent).
UC Davis Nap Map
UC Net Living Well page with Health Plan Resources
Resistance Band videos:
- https://youtu.be/Ydtk5n_TBhc This is an exercise that strengthens shoulder and core strength to cut down on neck and shoulder strength. She uses a band with handles, but you can use your theraband and simply wrap the ends around your hands.
- https://youtu.be/I-H3HPA279w This video gives more general arm options. She sits on ball, but you can do it in your desk chair. I love her directions in regards to posture.
- https://youtu.be/zah-Extt3DE This is a great core workout that I feel can be done in the office. Again, please pay attention to her cues on form to protect your back!
Solano Land Trust Hikes: Solano land Trust offers many free guided hiking opportunities. They sponsor hikes for all abilities, and run on the weekends. Please use the link to the calendar to find out about the latest hike!
Visit our WorkLife and Wellness Brown Bag page to see when we are having our next movement activity!