This course will focus on the basic requirements necessary for international students to stay in legal immigration status while attending UC Davis.
Topics covered include role of the SISS, an overview of the IGlobal portal, student status requirements vs status benefits, intersections between academic and immigration advising and special issues for graduate students.
By the end of this course, participants will have reviewed:
- Functions of the iGlobal website;
- Situations in which graduate students will need to be referred to SISS;
- Different issues related to enrollment, employment and student status;
- Role of the graduate advisor in advising international students;
- Most common international student issues.
Note: This course is intended for department faculty and staff who work with international graduate students.
*If you have any questions, please reach out to Services for International Students and Scholars at email@example.com
Date | Time | Location
March 15, 2023
Virtual Instructor-Led Training