This course covers the basics for creating and optimizing Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files so that they can be made more accessible to users with disabilities.
Federal law, Section 508 of US Rehabilitation Act, requires that individuals with disabilities must have access to and use of electronic information and data that is comparable to the access and use by individuals who do not have disabilities. This course is directed to those who develop or contribute content to the Internet, to help them comply with these on-line accessibility standards.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will understand:
- Adobe PDF and accessibility
- Accessibility basics and the needs of others
- How to check existing PDF documents for accessibility
- Create accessible PDF documents documents
- Create accessible PDF forms
- How to optimize the accessibility of PDF documents
Date | Time | Location
July 9, 2020
Virtual (web-based) Training