The Administrative Assistant Academy (AAA) is an ideal program for employees interested in advancing within our healthcare environment and transitioning into an administrative assistant role or improving their current administrative skill set
The AAA is designed to develop key areas of administrative skills:
- Communication skills to foster collaborative working relationships.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and goal setting skills to increase workplace effectiveness.
- Set core competencies in reading and writing to close skills gaps in comprehension, grammar, and business writing.
- Provide an understanding of the "UC Davis Health office technology baseline.”
Participants must attend the nine (9) mandatory instructor led sessions in this program, and complete nine (9) eCourses to receive the Administrative Assistant Academy Program Certificate. Those who score 80 percent or above on the exit-assessment will also receive a Knowledge Mastery Certificate.
Instructor Led Sessions, February 27 – April 24, 9a - 1130a, Ticon III, Room 2400
- February 27: Life Management Skills
- March 6: Mastering Communication in the Workplace
- March 13: Principles of Patient Satisfaction and Safety
- March 20: Critical Thinking Skills
- March 27: Effective Problem Solving
- April 3: Grammar in the Workplace
- April 10: Reading in the Workplace
- April 17: Writing in the Workplace
- April 24: Knowledge Mastery Assessment
UC Learning Center, eCourses
- Administrative Professional: Putting Your Best Foot Forward
- Administrative Professional: Interacting With Others
- Administrative Professional: Common Administrative Support Tasks
- Performing Basic Tasks in Word 2013
- Getting Started with Excel 2010
- Creating Presentations in PowerPoint 2013
- Working with Email in Outlook 2013
- Scheduling with Appointments, Events, and Tasks in Outlook 2013
- Collaboration and Customization with the Calendar, Contacts and Tasks in Outlook 2013
Contact Judyth Isaman, Sr. Training Analyst | email@example.com