Please see our new and archived newsletters
Good News About Ourselves:
The UC Davis Breastfeeding Support Program received the 2014 IBCLC Care Award and was recently recognized by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners for excellence in lactation care.
The award is presented to agencies demonstrating the promotion, protection and support of breastfeeding in their community. The BFSP is recognized for further extending outreach activities on campus and to the greater Davis community with the introduction of the BFSP newsletter, the relationship with the campus Child Development centers and the access to UC Davis professional resources dedicated to the research and development of evidence-based practices in lactation, breastfeeding, infant nutrition and breast milk, as well as bringing translational theory to practice.
Recent Breastfeeding News and Research:
- UC Davis Medicine Publication Fall 2014, "Miracle Food, Unraveling the Mysteries of Mother's Milk"
- Breastfeeding Supplies Tax Break Approved
- UCD Study: Monkey Teeth Age of Weaning?
- UC Davis Research: Breastmilk Reveals Clues for Health
- Outcomes of Breastfeeding versus Formula Feeding Nov 2013 Evergreen Perinatal Education