Personal and Professional Effectiveness
- Accomplishing More with Less
- This workshop is designed for business professionals who are responsible for important projects and initiatives and who want to get outstanding results accomplished. The workshop covers topics relating to managing time, managing priorities, managing to-do lists, organizing e-mail, electronic documents, papers, and most importantly being invigorated and re-energized in the workplace and elsewhere.
- Essentials of Emotional Intelligence for Leaders
- Effective leaders are differentiated from others by the personal and interpersonal competencies discussed in the model of Emotional Intelligence. In this class, we will review the basic model of Emotional Intelligence with a specific emphasis on the importance and relevance of this skill set for managers and supervisors. Participants will use self-assessment tools to evaluate their own needs and strengths and learn ways to continue to improve them. The class is based on the book, Working with Emotional Intelligence, by Daniel Goleman.
- Focus on Your Talents with CliftonStrengths
- Through your talents you tap into your greatest potential for success, and the outcome is strength. Do you ever wonder why you make deliberate choices, do what you do, and are better at doing some things than others? The reason is talent; a naturally recurring pattern of thought, feeling, or behavior that influences choices and directs actions.
During this session you will explore your natural talents through the CliftonStrengths assessment which introduces your dominant themes, identifies top strengths, and offers suggestions on how to leverage them. From this session you will:
- Learn about research on talent-based productivity and engagement
- Name your Top 5 themes and explore how they help you achieve success
- Discover your unique contribution to a team
Pre-work for this class requires completion of the CliftonStrengths assessment (allow up to 40 minutes). Two weeks prior to the scheduled session, Learning and Development staff will send an email communication providing information on how to access the CliftonStrengths assessment. Once complete, you will need to print and/or download your Signature Theme Report and Strengths Insight Guide.
Due to the pre-work requirement of this class, waitlisted employees will be contacted directly by Learning and Development only if space comes available two weeks prior to the scheduled date.
- Working With Emotional Intelligence
- The concept of emotional intelligence refers to sets of personal competencies (self awareness, self regulation, motivation) and social competencies (empathy and social skills) that are critical to workplace success in the long term.
It is clearly documented by now that once the technical skills are mastered in any career area, it is these sets of skills that predict success. While this approach is still developing, it does offer some specific ways to understand and develop these competencies. This class includes a discussion of emotional intelligence and its relevance at work, assessment exercises to practice applying the concept, and also an opportunity to plan ways to further explore and apply the emotional intelligence approach.
- Your Flow State at Work
- You know that feeling of getting so focused doing something that you lose track of time? You might even say, you’re “in the zone.” High-concentration, high-productivity, and feelings of exhilaration are all signatures of being in flow. This training will explore characteristics of your flow state and you will make a plan to promote more flow in your workday. We will also look at ways you and your teams can create more flow using tools in Outlook, Microsoft Viva, Teams and Zoom.
- Change Management Module One: Fundamentals (eCourse)
- First Module in the Change Management Series developed by UC Davis Organizational Excellence. This covers the fundamentals of change management.
- Change Management Module Two: ADKAR (eCourse)
- Second Module in the Change Management Series developed by UC Davis Organizational Excellence. This instructs on a strategic tool for change management: the ADKAR assessment tool.
- Fundamentals of Change Management
This experiential learning program provides participants with an understanding of the fundamental concepts and organizational benefits of effective change management. During the workshop, participants will:
- Establish a shared definition of change management and how it impacts organizational outcomes
- Understand the research and best practices around change management
- Understand the interconnection between change leadership, change management and project management outcomes
- Develop an awareness of the three phases of organizational change
- Understand and apply the Prosci ADKAR Model for individual change
- Identify resistance to change and understand tactics to address resistance
- Change Management for Managers and Supervisors
- Managers are critical to change success, however, they sometimes underestimate their role or are unsure how to fulfill it. Change Management for Managers and Supervisors provides people managers with the tools and skills necessary to understand and process change themselves while proactively leading their teams through change. In this program, participants will:
- Gain an appreciation for the impact of change management on organizational resultsRegister
- Understand foundational aspects of change management and the critical role managers play in the change process
- Learn a practical framework for planning for the many organizational changes that impact them and their teams.
- Understand how to plan for and manage resistance to change.
- Change Management for Project Teams
- When an organization introduces a change project or initiative, that change needs to be effectively managed on both the technical side and the people side. The project side provides structure, processes and tools; the people side ensures that the change is embraced, adopted and utilized by employees who have to do their jobs differently as a result of the project. In this half-day workshop, project team leaders and members learn the importance of change management and how to incorporate it into their project planning.
This program is provided to intact project teams by request. Please contact Debbie Ramos, Organizational Excellence (530) 757-8610, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.