UC Davis offers lactation consultants to help manage breastfeeding issues and complications associated with lactation
Davis Campus Location:
Shirley German, IBCLC, RLC
Shirley is an Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant, and a Registered Lactation Consultant with the International Lactation Consultant Association, a worldwide network of lactation professionals. She provides private lactation consults on lactation, breastfeeding and returning to work/school, education & support, and provides program development & evaluation for the UC Davis Breastfeeding Support Program on the Davis campus.
Shirley also provides outpatient lactation support and education for the UC Davis Medical Group in Davis, and is one of the lactation consultants associated with the various lactation studies conducted by the UC Davis, Foods For Health Institute. Shirley is interested in the advancement of a global continuum of care plan for professional outpatient lactation/breastfeeding support; the relationship & importance of breastfeeding to the development of the human gut; and further increasing the exclusivity and duration of breastfeeding beyond hospital discharge.
- Hubert Heitman Staff Learning Center in Davis
- Wednesdays from 10:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month from 9:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
- Every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Friday of the month from 9:30 a.m.–11:30. a.m.
Please note, those with Sacramento "B" parking permits must obtain a virtual parking permit for use on the Davis Campus:
- Go to website: https://health.ucdavis.edu/parking/online/
- Under Demonstration Videos, click on the “How to obtain a Notice of Virtual Parking Permit (Davis Campus)”.
- Print your permit
- Place your permit on the dash of your car when you park here on the Davis campus
- You may park in any of the A lots on the Davis campus
- This permit is good for 7 days from printout.
Shirley can also make arrangements individually if these times do not work for you. Please email email@example.com for scheduling.
- Shirley German has standing private consult hours at UC Davis Health the second Friday of each month from 11:00-12:30. You must make an appointment in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours beforehand. These consult hours are arranged between the hours of 11:00-12:30 pm in the Ticon III 3A Conference room. You must schedule by the Wednesday morning before that Friday. 2019 dates are: January 11, February 8, March 8, April 12, May 10, June 14, July 12, September 13, October 11, November 8, December 13.
- For Sacramento-based members with time sensitive concerns, you may also contact the hospital Lactation Consultant who partner with the Breastfeeding Support Program.
Contact: | Tower 3 at 916-734-2866, please leave a message for the Lactation Consultant of the day.
Debbie Albert, BSN, PhD, IBCLC email@example.com
Katte Smith, IBCLC firstname.lastname@example.org
Audrey Tullius, IBCLC email@example.com