Represented and Non-Represented staff are evaluated using the same 5-level rating scale at the Davis Campus and at UC Davis Health.
The performance appraisal ratings for most staff employees are:
- Exceptional: Performance far exceeded expectations
- Exceeded Expectations: Performance consistently exceeded expectations
- Fully Achieved Expectations: Fully achieved and at times may have exceeded expectations
- Some Expectations Met: Performance occasionally met expectations but was inconsistent
- Expectations Not Met: Immediate improvement is needed
Represented Nurses and some patient care technical employees at UC Davis Health and Police Officers do not use the 5-level rating scale.
Understanding the 5-Level Rating Scale
The rating that an employee receives is meant to reflect their performance over the appraisal period, as measured by:
- Achievements and performance of key job functions
- Progress in achieving goals
Appraisal Ratings Matrix
Each of the levels and their performance attributes are described more fully in the matrix document.