Family Care Resources
UC Davis provides access to prescreened caregivers, pet sitters, tutors and other family services.
Staff can access state-of-the-art exercise equipment, group fitness classes, climbing wall, running track and ball courts, swimming pools, intramural sports programs, craft classes, equestrian center, outdoor adventures and youth programs with an Activities and Recreation Center membership.
- Health Flexible Spending Account (HSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefits lower your taxable income by allowing payment for eligible expenses on a pretax basis. Some medical plans also offer Tax Savings on Insurance Premium (TIP) options.
- Transportation subsidies through the goClub allow pretax payroll deductions for purchasing discounted regional bus, train, carpool and vanpool passes.
Tuition Assistance & Professional Development
- Eligible UC Davis staff can receive 20% off Open Campus courses.
- The UC Davis Staff Scholarship Program awards funding for eligible staff to pursue professional certificates as well as associates, bachelors or graduate degrees at community colleges, state colleges, universities and professional schools.
- The UC Davis Staff Dependent Scholarship Program awards funding for dependents of eligible staff who are attending UC Davis as undergraduate students.
- The UC Davis Graduate School of Management Staff MBA Scholarship Program awards funding to eligible staff to cover up to 25% of fees for the Sacramento or Bay Area part-time MBA programs.
- Learning & Development offers courses, programs, certificate series, mentoring, online toolkits and more.
Many units have informal systems that support workplace flexibility on an occasional basis, such as compressed workweek, flextime and telework.