This formal, structured post-baccalaureate new graduate program is part of the Vizient/American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Nurse Residency Program™.
Through a series of learning and working experiences, the Nurse Residency Program will prepare new graduates in the successful transition from student to confident professional in their chosen career path of nursing.
Cohort Start Dates and Application Acceptance Periods
|Application Acceptance Period||Cohort Start Dates|
|November 20-27, 2019||February 24, 2020 and April 20, 2020|
|April 29-May 6, 2020||August 17, 2020 and October 5, 2020|
About the Nurse Residency Program
- Extensive one-year program.
- For new graduate nurses.
- Monthly didactic classroom experiences.
- Each resident will be assigned a preceptor who will guide the hands-on clinical experience.
- Prepare nursing graduates to care for patients with the increasing levels of acuity and complexity currently found in the hospital setting.
- Facilitate the development of effective decision making skills related to clinical judgment and performance.
- Development of clinical nursing leadership at point of care.
- Strengthen commitment to nursing as a professional career choice and develop individual career goals.
- Bring evidence based practice to the bedside.
- Facilitate the development of clinical and leadership skills necessary for the advanced beginner nurse to be a successful member of the health-care team.
- Improve patient safety and quality of care.
- All New Grad Nurses graduated from a BSN or MSN Program accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing education (CCNE) - Strongly preferred.
- Must have California RN Licensure by program start date.
- Must be first paid position as RN.
- Commit to the one-year Residency Program.