Open Enrollment Highlights & Changes
UC will continue to offer the same benefit plans as this year for employees.
However, there are some important changes next year — including new resources to support you, enhanced benefits, and changes in monthly premiums — so take the time to understand your options.
Improving UC coverage with new benefits and resources
- All UC non-Medicare medical plans: UC will enhance benefits for infertility services, with coverage of up to two treatment cycles of IVF, GIFT, or ZIFT procedures at 50% coinsurance (lifetime limit per eligible member).
- Kaiser HMO: Kaiser will add coverage for lactation supplies and will cover additional forms of birth control without copay. Certain infertility outpatient diagnostics and outpatient mental health and substance use disorder services will also be covered without member cost-sharing.
- CORE, UC Care and UC Health Savings Plan (Anthem Blue Cross): Members will have a new resource to help them navigate their benefits: Accolade Health Care Advocate. Accolade health assistants and nurses will replace Anthem Health Guide as these PPO plan members’ first point of contact for help with health benefits questions, big or small.
- UC Health Savings Plan (Anthem Blue Cross): Health FSA participants will have the option to switch to UC Health Savings Plan without losing their carryover FSA balance. UC Health Savings Plan in-network deductible will increase to $1,500 for individuals and $3,000 for families. The maximum contribution to the Health Savings Account will increase to $3,850 for individual coverage and $7,750 for family coverage.
- Legal insurance: The legal plan will enhance coverage for estate planning, mediation and more, with no changes to premium costs.