Life insurance provides financial protection for your dependents in the event of your death, and can be important to their future security.
UC automatically provides basic life insurance coverage for all eligible employees. And you may be eligible to buy additional coverage for yourself and your family members.
What the Plans Cover
- Basic Life – Benefit equal to employee's annual salary up to a maximum of $50,000
- Core Life – $5,000 benefit
- Supplemental Life – Four coverage levels from $20,000 to four times annual salary up to $1 million.
- Basic Dependent Life – $5,000 coverage each for spouse or domestic partner and/or eligible children
- Expanded Dependent Life – Up to 50 percent of employee supplemental life benefit (maximum of $200,000) for spouse or domestic partner; $10,000 each for eligible children
- Senior Management Life – Two times senior manager's annual salary to a maximum of $800,000. This benefit is in addition to Basic Life.
Life Insurance Resources
- Complete Guide to Life Insurance
- Prudential Insurance (partnered with UC)
- Designation of Beneficiary – Employees (UBEN 116)
- Premium Estimator