Supervisors will evaluate Represented and Non-Represented staff using the same 5-level rating scale at the Davis Campus and at UC Davis Health
Please familiarize yourself with the performance appraisal ratings in effect for the 2019-2020 employee appraisal cycle:
- Exceptional: Performance far exceeded expectations
- Exceeded Expectations: Performance consistently exceeded expectations
- Fully Achieved Expectations: Fully achieved and at times may have exceeded expectations
- Some Expectations Met: Performance occasionally met expectations but was inconsistent
- Expectations Not Met: Immediate improvement is needed
Please Note: Nurses at UC Davis Health and Police Officers Will Not use the 5-level rating scale. They will continue using their existing rating scales.
Understanding the 5-Level Rating Scale
The rating that an employee receives is meant to reflect their performance over the appraisal period, as measured by:
- Achievements and performance of key job functions
- Progress in achieving goals
Appraisal Ratings Matrix
Each of the levels and their performance attributes are described more fully in the matrix document.